Hi! Thanks for looking into banjo lessons. I teach private lessons in my apartment and also group lessons at the Fabulous Jalopy Theatre, in Brooklyn.
- The group banjo lessons at Jalopy are either oldtime fingerpicking or clawhammer. Learning with a group is one of the most creative ways to learn an instrument! Click here for Jalopy website.
- The private banjo lessons can be tailored to a variety of styles including (and not limited to); Bluegrass, Oldtime, Folk, Songwriting, Indie-Rock, etc... I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn very close to L and G trains. Banjo Lessons make a great present and gift certificates are a great idea for the Holidays!
The most successful students; (the ones that feel happiest with their progress) are the ones that commit to lessons either weekly or bi-weekly. Because I want to encourage this, I offer a buy 4 get one free lesson package when you take privately with me.
There is a great community around oldtime and bluegrass here in NYC. Some of the leading professional players live here and you can hear them weekly! Inspiration is limitless and learning banjo will expose someone to a social scene of songwriting and dancing as well!
Private Lesson Rates
- Flexible with time and scheduling. Buy 4 at once and get one free!
- Group lessons available too. Great idea! (reduced individual rates will apply)
- Lessons are given on Wednesdays-Sunday
- You can contact me by email@example.com
- Please let me know at least 24-hours in advance, I might be able to get someone else to come in in your place.
- Please check train schedules, weekend trains can cause lateness so be prepared!